Verse of the Week

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Ephesians 4:1-3

Friday, July 2, 2010

And Here We Are

So, my journey to Asia is quickly coming to a close. We will be boarding the plane for home tomorrow afternoon and I am no where near ready to leave. I thought after two months of weird food and no one speaking English I would be ready to come home, but now as it is so close I am having mixed feelings. I am definitely looking forward to seeing all of my family and friends, but in coming home to them, I am now leaving some amazing new friends that I have made here. We have said our goodbyes to many people already, but we have just a few more to go before we take off. It has been a long and trying summer in Asia, but I have been learning so much from it, it is sad to leave that behind. But, I know that all things happen according to His plan and that my time here has served a great purpose and He will continue to work here long after we are gone.

As we head home please be lifting us up, that we would have a safe and smooth journey back. Thank you for all of the support you have provided this summer!

I will write a more detailed update and account of the many lessons I learned this summer very soon.