I've learned recently that patience is never easy. Uncertainty is never fun. Not knowing what is ahead, especially for a type A planner like myself it hard to handle sometimes. But, the waiting and the wondering and the process of learning to trust God can be just as important as the answer you receive in the end. It's not always about the destination; it's about the journey you take in getting to the end, because after all, the end of one journey is only the beginning of the next. Life is all about the journey.
I used to think it would be nice if when we prayed for patience it just landed in our laps and we were at peace with everything. I've realized lately that God makes us learn patience for a reason, instead of just handing it to us. It's all about the journey. The process of learning and experiencing and being refined in God's purifying fire is much more rewarding than having things dropped in our laps. The waiting makes you stronger; it makes you rely on the Father because no one else has the answers you are looking for. And, after all, isn't learning to trust God much more important than the other answers we're looking for anyways.
In the end, waiting on God is so much better. His plans are always better than our own. His answers are more satisfying. And that process of waiting and learning and gaining true patience is always so rewarding. Even if it doesn't seem so good along the way, you get to the end of the road and see where you have come from, how you've grown, and you just can't help but smile. Praise the Lord for designing things the way he did. If we always did things exactly the way we wanted in our own timing we would be missing out on a whole lot!
So, instead of focusing on the answers I'm waiting for, I would like to focus on the one who supplies the answers. I would like to revel in the journey instead of looking always for the end. Wherever God has placed you in life, enjoy the scenery because God's beauty is all around!