Verse of the Week

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Ephesians 4:1-3

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ready for Something New

I am getting ready to go off on another adventure in Asia. This time, I have been blessed with the opportunity to student lead a team of 10 of my peers, alongside another leader. We will be traveling to a University where we will be participating in a cultural exchange program. We have the opportunity to take some language classes, as well as participate in other activities that will help us to better understand the culture. Through this time we will be looking to build intentional relationships with the students on the University Campus in order to share the Word with them. We have been preparing all semester with the team and getting to know one another, and what an adventure it has been so far. I know the Father has some great things in store as we get ready to hit the ground running in the field. We have been working hard in preparation for our journey, and I have already learned a ton, but I know the Father has so much more in store in the weeks ahead.

“And he said to them all, ‘If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?’’ Luke 9:23-25